‘I Have Crossed Bridges I Thought I Couldn’t’ - Phyno.




Reigning indigenous rapper, Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson better known as Phyno whose hit song, “No Guts No Glory”, which was released last year, endeared him to many music lovers in the country, has described his journey into the mainstream music world as one that was punctuated with lots of hustling,
consistency and striving to be relevant in the showbiz industry.


Phyno revealed this much at this year’s MTV Africa Music Award,MAMA which held recently in South Africa, while in a chat with WG. The Igbo singer said, while struggling to remain relevant in the music scene, he had to cross many bridges he ordinarily thought he couldn’t.


“I remain grateful to God, because I have crossed bridges I almost thought I couldn’t. My journey is one that is filled with so much hustling, plenty consistency and striving to be relevant in the industry”, he said.


He paid tributes to the likes of Nigga Raw and late MC Loaf, saying they were the artistes that inspired him into rapping in his indigenous language. “I give credit to Nigga Raw, late MC Loaf, they inspired me. I took over from them. I’m still singing in my indigenous language. I’m happy I have inspired a lot of young artistes who are singing in their indigenous languages".


On signing endorsement deals with some blue-chip companies in recent times, Phyno said it is as a result of his hard work. “The brands that endorse you believe in your creativity and that you are doing very well.” The rapper, however, disclosed that he’s currently working on his second album, which he said will be dropping in three months time.


Phyno who started out as a music producer in 2003, released his debut album “No Guts No Glory”, in 2014, featuring Timaya, Flavour, Ruggedman, Bracket, J Martins and Mr Raw. Last year, he was made Brand Ambassador by Airtel alongside 2face Idibia, Patoranking, comedian Akpororo and OAP, Ik Osakioduwa.


Source: Vanguard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I am Begging For Money To Send My Daughter To School - Afrocandy

Singer Dencia's Phone Stolen, Nude She Sent To Footballer Exposed; More To Be Exposed